• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coming to a Win 11 Near You...

WildWestDesigns

Ads and even more ads. Gotta love the new business model everyone has (although I am quite a bit leary of targeted ads that appear to one based on even local usage of your computer). And we are talking about a program that is embedded through the OS (it's not like one can just uninstall it and put whatever file manager program you want on there when it comes to Windows or Apple even).

Anyway, it seems like they have shut it off for now, but according to the article, the comment that MS gave didn't rule out the possibility of it coming back on. I would suspect that Home users would get the brunt of it at first and after that, eventually the Pro users will get it. Enterprise may or may not be spared, I have seen where things have changed for Enterprise users as well, so anything is possible, but I would eventually say Pro users will get it. It might take longer to happen, but I would be very, verrrrryyyy surprised if it didn't happen.

WildWestDesigns

Solution: Keep an offline windows PC for printing.

I agree, but harder and harder to do for Windows and Mac users, unless one is willing to use legacy software (which is harder to do with Apple products unless one is willing to VM (or since ARM is gaining traction, emulate that older OS for that legacy software package)).

Everything else use Linux.
Well (oh come on, most of y'all saw this coming), I would actually say use Linux for everything, but that's just me.

Oh, by the way, I use Arch.