• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Composer Question

jfiscus

Rap Master
On a new install of 2.61 here, I have my local plotter loaded, and the edge FX loaded through the network. But.... in Composer I cannot get it to show foil palettes (option is grayed out). How do I get those to show up so that I can choose the foil colors?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Check your GSP Tray for what version of Omega is installed. If it is CS instead of CP, you won't see anything related to printing such as foils.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Your right. I thought it was there. Check instead under View > Toolbars to see if you have a Fill and a Stroke toolbar. If it isn't available, then it's pretty much a sure thing that only CS is installed and that your dongle is authorized for.

Attachments

• toolbars.jpg
    toolbars.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 145

jfiscus

Rap Master
I just dug out the original purchase receipt, says "CS" on it.
I wish I would have known there is a difference... So I'm SOL on this one?

ironchef

Im the other way around, i got the version for the edge, i dont even use it, i just cut vinyl... is there a way to turn it off?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Im the other way around, i got the version for the edge, i dont even use it, i just cut vinyl... is there a way to turn it off?

What version do you have? I could trade you CDs?
I hate not having the Edge/foil options on my computer, as I have to go "steal" the output/production computer from my assistant to do tweaks sometimes.

Tony Teveris

The "magic" is all in the security keys - compare the labels on the CD they should be the same and no need to swap CDs.

If you are registered with Gerber they will have a record of what you ordered and if you ever call for support they may slap you around, just slap them back.

ironchef

Slap them back. Lol. Hey. I have version 4.0 with cp. I dont think i want to trade for an older version. Also im looking at omega 5.0 upgrade. I bet if you upgrade they will throw cp in. Anyone have 5.0 yet?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Slap them back. Lol. Hey. I have version 4.0 with cp. I dont think i want to trade for an older version. Also im looking at omega 5.0 upgrade. I bet if you upgrade they will throw cp in. Anyone have 5.0 yet?

I have two seats of Omega 5 CP. In my experience, deals on upgrades are a rare happening.

ironchef

Two seats? Im confused. You got it on two computer? Did you have to buy 2 keys? Please elaborate. I want two seats lol

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Two seats? Im confused. You got it on two computer? Did you have to buy 2 keys? Please elaborate. I want two seats lol

Yes. Two seats, each on a different computer and normally run by a different operator. Each has its own dongle. This provides higher productivity, convenience and redundancy in the event of a computer failure.

geb

Fred, do you find 5.0 to be a little buggy? I just started with 5.0, first time using Gerber software, I'm having trouble with my computer shutting off constantly and error messages, it is not networked, and this is the second new computer we have tried, and are using recommended computer specs for the Edge FX and Omega 5.0.

George

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred, do you find 5.0 to be a little buggy? I just started with 5.0, first time using Gerber software, I'm having trouble with my computer shutting off constantly and error messages, it is not networked, and this is the second new computer we have tried, and are using recommended computer specs for the Edge FX and Omega 5.0.

George

Only a couple of minor bugs ... nothing that would shut me down. Have you installed the Build 39 maintenance upgrade available at the GSP site? OTOH, I'm still running an Edge LE and Win XP Pro SP3.