• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

compound cutline

waximoff

Maybe thats not the right way to word it, but its still a problem.
I'm bringing in a 2 layer eps file from illy. One layer is all my artwork and the other are my cutlines.
My problem is that when i select my path to turn it into a cutline in flexi, the single .25 thick line turns into (2) seperate cut lines. The cutter cuts 2 lines right next to each other, leaving shavings all over the print and clogging up my blade tip.
Does anyone know how to have just a single cutline?

MobileImpact

you really don't need to import the cut lines into flexi. just bring in the art and select contour once its in. Cutline done!

Kevin

waximoff

thanks kevin. i wish it were that easy. these aren't decals that require that kind of cut. It's a 30x60 inch run with about 14 pieces inside all sorts of artwork. The artwork has been flattened and rasterized so there is no selectable area.

MobileImpact

then bring the cut line layer in as a separate file. Cut contour it and place it over your art. Then delete the file that is your cut layer.

grafxxx

that is the problem with illyfiles. i get files like that all the time. i have to convert the outline to a stroke. but if you do what mobile said that should work fine