• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

COMPUTER CUT WALL VINYL

TRACY GRAY

What is everyone's favorite computer cut vinyl for interior walls? Finish is quite smooth and satin painted. Looking for a matte black.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your best bet is to find out what kinda paint they used. Take YOUR favorite vinyl out and test it to see if it'll stick.

TRACY GRAY

I took out some 651. Was happy with adhesion but what about temperature changes, people touching it? I don't want any issues down the road.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You cannot stop vandalism, but temperature change or other things outta your control shouldn't be your problem. However, why I suggested finding out what paint was used is, most indoor wall paints today will repel almost all vinyl. To be sure...... a stencil and painting the surface is your safest bet.

The adhesion after a few minutes won't tell ya a thing. You need to let it on for a few days and go back. I wouldn't think 651 would be a good choice. You're probably gonna want a cast vinyl of 2mils.

pjfmeister

Gino is correct stick a sample Letter the size you are doing and leave it for a week...see what it does...this is a common question about materials for wall decals on this board and really the only safe bet if you don't want to redo is try a few materials to see what works if anything...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya need to find a very secluded spot and not in everyone's vision. Some outta the way spot........ like a closet, a hidden corner or some hall no one uses.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Just make sure you stick them on the same wall you intend to wrap. I once had a guy install a sample...and it was on an adjacent wall in the same room.. Well, I got out there and noticed they had different finishes on them!

Lance

Samples shouldn't be an issue if you explain your concerns of differing paints and that you want the best possible results with the finished job.
Perhaps make the sample an actual part of the finished job, if that's not possible surely there would be a concealed spot somewhere on the same wall, behind a painting, couch, TV.........

Image Makers

If the wall surface is flat or satin finish. then I will digital print / laminate and contour cut the graphics. The digital material I use is Arlon DPF 8000, is highly Adhesive, no need to worry about it peeling off the surface.