• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Computer gets stuck

Degel

When I try to print in a high quality (2800 dpi) the software i use "Maintop" stuck a close i cannot finish my work. Someone can help me? or its my computer its too old, its a celeron with 2gb ram, thank you in advance

player

2 gigs is not much ram. You should be able to get it up to 4 gigs. If it is win7 you may be able to go to 8 gigs.

oksigns

Maintop DTP? and 28000 dpi? What are the dimensions and how much does the file weigh? Also, what is your system specs?

Edit: With 2GB, you have maxed out your system memory just opening the file in some instances if it is still editable. In 2015, 8 GB is where you want.. but 16 GB isn't that bad either.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If you're RIPPING and/or designing, you need 16GB on a 64bit OS. You will suffer on a machine stuck on 32 bit, limiting your RAM to 4 GB, at best.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also don't forget that its a Celeron processor which is Intel's most anemic slow budget desktop processor they have (unless you count the Atom but that's not really intended as a desktop processor). And 2800 DPI!! Yowza, what are you printing a ton of 2 point text or something??

But yeah as mentioned 2GB of ram and a Celeron processor nearly equates to an antique these days. Your smart phone would probably be just as fast if not faster....