• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Conflict when upgrading from VE LXi to flexiSIGN ?

javila

Way out there suggestion, but maybe flexi is using lxi's Production Manager. I know know, they're basically the same thing, but maybe there's a slight diffence in the information feed.

Steve Rife

[Fred] is correct. Once you install Flexi8 onto any system, you will be prompted to place your 7.6 key back onto the system where it becomes disabled. [Kemble], the easiest solution would be as [signage] stated... contact Signwarehouse to get a replacement key for your LXi version.

~Steve
SA International

Kemble

I have contacted signwarehouse and have started the RMA process to getting a new dongle. I'm tired of wasting material and time along with pulling my hair out to save $150. I've already wasted more than that in materials and what my time is worth.

Lesson learned....

Thanks for the help/replies.

javila

This doesn't make anysense, the dongle prevents you from using the program. He's still using the program though. So...?

Kemble

This doesn't make anysense, the dongle prevents you from using the program. He's still using the program though. So...?

No, I was trying to use a buddy of mines copy of flexi 7.6. It wouldnt let me cut my jobs out normal, it would add its own cuts in random places. So I just decided to just get my old dongle fixed.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No, I was trying to use a buddy of mines copy of flexi 7.6. It wouldnt let me cut my jobs out normal, it would add its own cuts in random places. So I just decided to just get my old dongle fixed.

You originally posted:

I hopped in the car and drove 1.5 miles to a buddy's shop where he gave me his old flexi 7.6 because he's now using flexi 8 cut & print.

Considering that the difference in cost of buying a license for a non-upgrade copy of FlexiPro 8 and upgrading from a copy of FlexiPro 7 is over $3000 extra, I doubt that your buddy licensed a whole new copy. As previously posted, the version 7 dongle would have been modified or disabled during the upgrade procedure causing the problems you experienced.

The solution you ultimately chose by getting your LXI dongle fixed was probably the best one.

javila

No, I mean, if you're already in the program running designs and everything it isn't a problem of the dongle. The dongle prevents the program from booting up, not from cutting as far as I know.

Kemble

You originally posted:

Considering that the difference in cost of buying a license for a non-upgrade copy of FlexiPro 8 and upgrading from a copy of FlexiPro 7 is over $3000 extra, I doubt that your buddy licensed a whole new copy. As previously posted, the version 7 dongle would have been modified or disabled during the upgrade procedure causing the problems you experienced.

The solution you ultimately chose by getting your LXI dongle fixed was probably the best one.

Actually it was a whole new program. He bought a 48" printer and it came with flexi 8.0 print & cut

Kemble

No, I mean, if you're already in the program running designs and everything it isn't a problem of the dongle. The dongle prevents the program from booting up, not from cutting as far as I know.

Yeah, thats what I thought, but somehow, somewhere, I was getting these odd repeat patterns and random circles/squares all over my project.

At first I thought somehow maybe my cables got damaged so I bought new cables, no luck there. Then I changed from using a USB cable to the serial port, still got the same problem.

Oh well, my replacement dongle is being shipped out to me today. I should be back up and running by monday.

When I get my replacement dongle and if I still have these issues I'll be RMA'ing the machine itself.