• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Conflict when upgrading from VE LXi to flexiSIGN ?

Kemble

I have a Graphtech CE3000-60mk2

My dongle for my VE LXi Master+ 7.5 program broke on me and windows will not recognise it anymore. I hopped in the car and drove 1.5 miles to a buddy's shop where he gave me his old flexi 7.6 because he's now using flexi 8 cut & print. I uninstalled VE LXi and installed flexi 7.6. I open up any of my saved files, even brand new files that I create and when it is sent to the cutter the cutter decides to repeat a pattern over and over again moving in a diagnal path. For example when I created an 8 inch circle it would start the cut at 3 oclock and cut counter clockwise. when it gets to 9 oclock it would start over at 12 oclock from that 9 oclock origin and go from 12 to 9 over and over and over again across the entire length of my media then when it gets to the end of the media my plotter would read "OFF SCALE". Other files it would choose a different pattern and do steps across the entire length of the media. Sometimes when it stops at the other end of the media after making its repeat pattern it would go back to the original location after about 10 seconds and finish cutting the image out and sometimes it stays at the far left of the media.

I called sign warehouse tech support and he walked me through resetting the program preferences and we reset the cutter defaults by holding the up arrow and turning it off and on. After about 2 hours of trying this and trying that he told me he had no clue and it was going to be forwarded to a master technician.

I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has experienced this problem before and what they did to fix it.

I didn't want to tell the technician that I was using Flexi 7.6 because I wasn't sure if they would help me trouble shoot my problem because I didnt buy the flexi from them. From using both VE LXi 7.5 and FlexiSIGN I couldnt see anything different except for the flash screen that poped up when you loaded both teh program and the production manager.

Do I need anything different like drivers or anything just because I went from VE LXi Master+ 7.5 to FlexiSIGN 7.6 ?

Thanks in advance

Techman

your not doing yourself any favors by hiding the fact that you are using flexi over lxi.
Why? because signwharehouse techs hang out here, and post here.

S

Sign-Man Signs

We use 7.6 and Flexi 8. I have found you can go down but not up. What i mean is, I can open a Flexi 7.6 on Flexi 8.0 but not the other way. I'm sure it's designed that way. I am about to scrap the 8.0 and go back to nothing but 7.6 which does not use a dongle key. I like 8.0 but the dongle key thing is getting the best of me since we have 4 computers for variuos projects and cutters.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
All versions of Flexi use a dongle key, other wise it just wont work

Unless you're running an illegal cracked version ... in which case one would be ill advised to announce that on a forum for signmakers where Scanvec-Amiable is a merchant member and a supporter of that forum.

PMG

Unless you're running an illegal cracked version ... in which case one would be ill advised to announce that on a forum for signmakers where Scanvec-Amiable is a merchant member and a supporter of that forum.
LOL SO TRUE

Last edited:

Service Sign Co

I hear a lot about these illegal cracked versions of Flexi. Is Flexi the only software that can be (cracked) I've never heard of any other software talked about.

Service Sign Co

If the techs from Amiable hang out here,maybe someone can give me a reasonable explanation why I can't upgrade an older version of Sign Mate.
I was unaware that software had a shelf life

PMG

I hear a lot about these illegal cracked versions of Flexi. Is Flexi the only software that can be (cracked) I've never heard of any other software talked about.
[SIZE=-1]Unfortunately a[/SIZE]ll Adobe programs have be cracked aswell. Anything can be cracked if you know what your doing or have key generators.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

They're out there. I just read a post on another forum where a heated discussion revolved around a successful crack of Gerber's Omega software.

Service Sign Co

I don't need any illegal software, I have plenty of the legal kind. I would like to upgrade this old 16 bit program to something a bit more usefull.Everyone i've talked to just wants to sell me a new program

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If the techs from Amiable hang out here,maybe someone can give me a reasonable explanation why I can't upgrade an older version of Sign Mate.
I was unaware that software had a shelf life

SignMate was a private label version of Flexi marketed by Roland. Roland chose to not continue the product and Roland was the primary beneficiary of your original expenditure.

Why should Flexi be the one responsible for absorbing a discount when their end of the deal was a very small percentage of what you paid to Roland?

This is not to say that there isn't some kind of deal offered by SA Intl. to Signmate licensees desiring to upgrade. You might do better to direct your inquiries to SAI directly then in trying to go through a dealer.

For example, check out THIS PAGE on the Flexi website regarding competitive and other upgrades offered.

Service Sign Co

Thanks for the response Fred. I had sent a couple of e-mails a few weeks ago to them and never got a response. I guess at this point I'm just,whats the expression. Beating a dead horse

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can't speak for SAI but I can speak about them. In fact, the Mrs. and I had dinner last night with Matthew Scher who, until recently has been the project manager for FlexiSign. He is now heading up the upgrades and new features.

My opinion is that SAI is a highly reasonable organization and should be given the opportunity to respond to your needs. Matthew is a registered member here. Why don't you email him.

Service Sign Co

Thanks again Fred I will inquire about this,but as you say Roland just quit supporting it . I guess it doesen't hurt to stir the pot every now and then,you might get some results

Kemble

Talk about a thread getting hijacked.

If you read my first post, I have flexi 7.6 from a friend of mine WITH the dongle, I never said anything about a cracked version. I guess no one has ran across the issue that I'm having. Thanks anyways.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Talk about a thread getting hijacked.

If you read my first post, I have flexi 7.6 from a friend of mine WITH the dongle, I never said anything about a cracked version. I guess no one has ran across the issue that I'm having. Thanks anyways.

:thread Sorry about that Kemble. Your individual issue was overcome by what for many is a volatile topic.

The address your situation directly, I would make an educated guess that your friend's dongle key is only available to you because he upgraded to version 8 and received a new dongle in the process. If Flexi is like other software with dongles, the installation of the upgrade will disable or partially disable the old dongle as part of the upgrade procedure. this is to prevent people from doing what you are attempting to do. Otherwise, it would be nearly the equivalent of getting a second copy of FlexiSign for an upgrade price.

You are probably spinning your wheels and wasting materials trying to make a disabled dongle work.

signage

Kemble if your dongle got damaged and you still have it most manufaturers/suppliers will replace it for a nominal charge, I would contact Signwarehouse and tell them that the dongle got damage they will want the damaged one back!