• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Connecting my ValueJet!! Help!!

Signsforwhile

Ok so we had to restore our computer. I am trying to set everything up again and can't get the ValueJet to print. I had a tech do the setup initially so I don't remember how it was done. I am not sure what to do with IP and port settings. Do I use the IP from the card that it is connected to? And how do I identify the port.

Thanks!

Signsforwhile

I keep getting "Cannot Open Port"

And when I turn the machine on, I get a bubble pop up in my taskbar that the network connection has little to no connectivity.

fozzyber

get the ip form the printer it is in the settings, (look in manual)

also, double check your windows protection / firewall settings/ or and protection software like norton....

double check your network settings, make sure your are connected to network and can see other computers,
make sure your NIC is installed.
are you on a network? can you ping the printer,
need more info to help you better,

Signsforwhile

What if I changed the IP on the printer? I wasn't sure what I was doing I'll admit.....

This printer is connected directly to the computer through ethernet cable.

fozzyber

The ip on the printer needs to be the same as what is in Production Manager,

make sure the numbers are close for your computer ip

in a command promt, ie DOS window type "ipconfig"
that will tell you your ip # should look like 100.101.102.10

your printer should differ by only the last digits.
ie 100.101.102.20

Signsforwhile

Graphic1.jpg

fozzyber

change printer ip to 169.254.28.150

change computer subnet to 255.255.255.0

start > control panel> network settings> local connection right click properties.> tcp/ip> set manual