• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Conspicuity chevron CMYK colors

missytoe

Are there standard CMYK colors for printed fluorescent yellow-lime and red chevron striping used on the rear of emergency vehicles?

Thanks
Melissa

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Ha, doing repairs on a large military fire truck today. We opted to order the pre-colored stripes instead though. 1 yellow roll and one red.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
You need to meet minimum reflectivity requirements and printing on engineered grade reflective might not achieve that. We always bought them and the prismatic ones are outrageously expensive.

REFLECTIVE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE REAR OF THE VEHICLE

Click to see our Reflective Pre-Made Chevron Panels
15.9.3.2 At least 50% or half of the rear-facing vertical surfaces, visible from the rear of the fire apparatus, “not including” any pump panel areas not covered by a door, shall be outfitted with retro-reflective striping in a chevron pattern sloping downward and away from the center-line of the vehicle at 45 degree angles. (see picture above)

15.9.3.2.1 Each stripe used in the chevron design shall be a single color alternating between yellow and red.

15.9.3.2.2 Each stripe shall be 6 inches (150 mm) wide.

15.9.3.3 All of the retro-reflective materials required by sections 15.9.3.1 and 15.9.3.2 shall conform to the requirements of ASTM D 4956, Standard Specification for Retro-reflective Sheeting for Traffic Control, Section 6.1.1 for Type I Sheeting. (engineer grade which is similar to what is on a car tag. The sheeting can be brighter. ie, Type 3,5,8,v92,v82)

15.9.3.3.1 All retro-reflective sheeting and materials used to satisfy the requirements of 15.9.3.1 that are colors not listed in ASTM D 4956, Section 6.1.1, shall have a minimum coefficient of retroreflection of 10 candelas with an observation angle of 0.2 degrees and entrance angle of −4 degrees.

15.9.3.3.3 Any printed or processed retroreflective film construction used to meet the requirements of 15.9.3.1 and 15.9.3.2 shall conform to the standards required of an integral colored film as specified in ASTM D 4956, Section 6.1.1.