• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Constant or use based humidification

D3D

Those of you who control humidity do you keep your space to a constant % all the time or do you turn it off when you are not there? I guess its a question of how long it takes humidity to reduce static.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We've got an inline humidifier in the shop and will usually just set it to around 45% - 50% and leave it at that.

The only time we ever turn it off is if we're doing any critical laminating/mounting to avoid any dust flying around, and in that case we'll usually spray down the floor before/during to keep moisture up.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

netsol

Premium Subscriber
in a perfect world, it should be automatic, and run without user intervention.
last year i had a friend change our gas furnace at home and he botched the humidifier reinstallation

monday, amazon is delivering my parts list & i will do a redesign. all an improperly setup system will do is make the new furnace rust.

• Agree
Reactions: D3D

D3D

Thanks for the perspectives. I am using an ultrasonic humidifier with some extensions of 4" PVC and it seems to work well though the humidity is definitely more localized to the area around the unit. I think the plan is to move it closer to the machine and leave it run all the time based on feedback

Attachments

• 51a-zvYC9yL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51a-zvYC9yL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 68

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i was at a client the other day and the humidity was 38% (funny, because it hasn't been cold, really

unclebun

I use a portable humidifier (not a vaporizer) that has its own automatic control. During the season when the heat is on a lot and humidity is low, we run it all day. When I leave at night I fill it up; typically it runs out by morning. I refill it when I come in and by the time I finish reading email, doing billing/accounting and get ready to start printing, the humidity is up to where it needs to be.