• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contactless pickup area working great

Stacey K

I like making signs
So, with all this Covid stuff I obviously couldn't let anyone in my store. I started doing customized Senior signs and banners and had a great deal of people needing to pickup. Curbside works OK but coordinating times with working people was a PITA. I have a small breezeway area with a small single car garage door. I set up a table and installed a security camera from Amazon that has a phone/voice app. I also put a drop box on my building for payment and doorbells by both doors if anyone needed help. Not only did this work great for keeping people at a distance but it saves me A TON OF TIME dealing with all these pickups and payments. I'm keeping it! I advertise it as 24/7 Contactless Pickup with surveillance for safety. People have been LOVING it. They can pick up at their convenience, not my store hours. Just an idea for others who might have an area they could use for this or a one person shop, like myself, who isn't always in the shop 8-4.

AMGearhart

Sound good. I'm glad it is working out for you. Especially good for those rush orders, where the customer may need to pick up later or extra early.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Sound good. I'm glad it is working out for you. Especially good for those rush orders, where the customer may need to pick up later or extra early.
That is EXACTLY right! It's really working out very, very well for those types of orders!

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
We've been doing a lot of that. We leave stuff in the back of one of our shop trucks. So far it hasn't been a problem. If we're in the shop, we just have the orders sitting up front of our counter, and we have floor graphics notifying to stay within that area.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I've been doing something similar for a while. I have a security camera on the back driveway and leave stuff inside the gate. People pickup whenever they want, I tell them to do it before dark.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I put up a sign that says stay out of the office and to call with my number on it. Also keep the door locked. Very few call and most people bang on the door then try to open it. My daughter went out to get something out of the truck today and didnt lock it. Shortly after, some random customer knocks, then walks right in and my 3 year old takes off out the door.

Ldireprophil

We email you when your order is complete, you pay over the phone or if you have an account we wrap invoice around your pickup. We have security cameras both outside and inside looking out with 2-way voice. We did curbside pickup the last 2 months. We have reopened our lobby now. Worked great.

Attachments

• 326EEB49-140D-460B-9272-109823C064AD.jpeg
    326EEB49-140D-460B-9272-109823C064AD.jpeg
    683.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 2E5442FE-F404-4AB3-A9AA-5C802D1B5020.jpeg
    2E5442FE-F404-4AB3-A9AA-5C802D1B5020.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 236

Stacey K

I like making signs
We email you when your order is complete, you pay over the phone or if you have an account we wrap invoice around your pickup. We have security cameras both outside and inside looking out with 2-way voice. We did curbside pickup the last 2 months. We have reopened our lobby now. Worked great.
I like your sign, looks great!