• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contaminated nozzle check

asd

I have an epson s30670 and yesterday after doing a light cleaning on the machine noticed that all my colors are contaminated, I did several cleanings after that and still getting the same result, wondering if anybody else had this problem before and how did you fix it, TIA

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_082044520.jpg
    IMG_20200702_082044520.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 304

mdjamesd

I would say check the drain lines from the capping station. If they are clogged, the ink won't drain properly during a cleaning cycle. Have the carriage move to the left side, as in when doing a head cleaning. Dab cleaning fluid into the capping station. If it puddles and doesn't drain, then the line(s) are clogged.

There are internal drain lines in the capping station, and there is the large line that leads to the waste ink bottle.

When this happened to me many moons ago, I used a large syringe to apply suction to the waste ink bottle end of the drain line. Have someone keep the capping station full of cleaning fluid. It worked for me, but I'm not an Epson tech

• Agree
Reactions: asd

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes the sponges in the capping station swell and touch the head. When this happens you get cross-contamination.

• Agree
Reactions: asd