• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contemplating ...... and / or ideas ....

ronl1975

So yesterday evening our electric co. shut off the power to our home (and the entire street) for about an hour. In which almost killed our oscar fish but he is fine, also while our 1 year old having a fever (4 molar teeth coming in), AND when the power came back on, it killed our AC ! Just paid $950 to get it fixed today (not to mention our house was 93 degrees throughout the night).

Electric co. won't be open until Tues. before I complain. I basically want them to pay the bill for our AC considering it was working just fine prior to their power outage. Assuming they will be like most other large corporation in America. We will get screwed.

Here is what I am contemplating ...... We live on a corner of a semi busy road and I am thinking about putting a sign in our yard facing the street that reads "electric co. name short out our AC unit, wont pay for it to get fixed and wont install the power pole you see (with an arrow pointing to the power pole).

You ask what power pole ? A month ago they brought a new power pole to change out with the old one next to our house (in which hasn't happend). In which we had to look at this ugly power pole sitting on the side of our house.

Would putting a sign up be childish ? Should I just let it go ? I'm pissed because my baby had to suffer and we had to fork out summer vacation $$. Thoughts ? Ideas ? ...

chopper

So yesterday evening our electric co. shut off the power to our home (and the entire street) for about an hour. In which almost killed our oscar fish but he is fine, also while our 1 year old having a fever (4 molar teeth coming in), AND when the power came back on, it killed our AC ! Just paid $950 to get it fixed today (not to mention our house was 93 degrees throughout the night).

Electric co. won't be open until Tues. before I complain. I basically want them to pay the bill for our AC considering it was working just fine prior to their power outage. Assuming they will be like most other large corporation in America. We will get screwed.

Here is what I am contemplating ...... We live on a corner of a semi busy road and I am thinking about putting a sign in our yard facing the street that reads "electric co. name short out our AC unit, wont pay for it to get fixed and wont install the power pole you see (with an arrow pointing to the power pole).

You ask what power pole ? A month ago they brought a new power pole to change out with the old one next to our house (in which hasn't happend). In which we had to look at this ugly power pole sitting on the side of our house.

Would putting a sign up be childish ? Should I just let it go ? I'm pissed because my baby had to suffer and we had to fork out summer vacation $$. Thoughts ? Ideas ? ...
I think I would try to deal with them before you go that route once you piss them off it will be to late...take the higher road here you wont regret it,.....
as far as the air goes did they give you a warning that the power was going to be off?
if so you should have disconnected the ac and other appliances because you know that there will be a serge when the power comes back on,...
even with out a waring you should do this once the power goes off...
I think it is common sense,
so I guess what I am saying it is your fault...
good luck
//chopper

Techman

take teh high road.
They will not pay for acts of god failures.
But they will be liable for their over powering. But you have to prove it.

round man

You don't say whether the power went out because of a storm or thier maintenance,..if it was a storm your home owners ins. should take care of it,..if it was maintenance on their part its their liability,..if someone hit a pole and knocked the power out their auto ins. should cover it,...call tuesday very politely and inquire as to the cause and then take action from there to the appropriate liable source.

jiarby

Take a deep breath, go with the flow. You could have has surge/lightning protection on your property but didn't. I am sure they have a utility easement and can put their pole wherever they want and will get around to installing it eventually.

Pat Whatley

.....on a side note.....I think you have to bash it with a hammer to kill an oscar and even then it's a 50/50 shot. Oscars are tough.

Good luck with the power company. Calling politely is going to be your key. They do fry people's stuff, they're prepared to deal with it it you can prove it was their fault.