• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Continued Mutoh Issues

AzSignMagic

Still getting the 070 Yencode error and have tried numerous "fixes". Its has been suggested that the heads be changed, I cannot see how this would be a solution, after exstensive research I believe it may be the y sensor, the head does not move in any position along the T strip. Is it possible to get this sensor? Haven't gotten a response back from mutoh and its been 2 weeks, other distributors have no idea. Any help would be apreciated, I have found alot of information on the Yencode error, but if no given solutions work, then what?

Attachments

• 100_0745.jpg
    100_0745.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 231

Graphics2u

Still getting the 070 Yencode error and have tried numerous "fixes". Its has been suggested that the heads be changed, I cannot see how this would be a solution, after exstensive research I believe it may be the y sensor, the head does not move in any position along the T strip. Is it possible to get this sensor? Haven't gotten a response back from mutoh and its been 2 weeks, other distributors have no idea. Any help would be apreciated, I have found alot of information on the Yencode error, but if no given solutions work, then what?

I am guessing that the Y sensor is not available by itself, just from my experience getting parts. And besides that just makes too much sense for a manufacturer to do! :Big Laugh I feel for you in trying to figure this out, but I'm guessing that you may have to buy the head board to get that.

Is this still the same problem that occurred after made some other repairs and then this error showed up after you put it all back together?? That just sounds like something's not connected right. Do you have a maintenance manual? I have one for the Jr. but not the 46". Iknow they are available on ebay unless some one on this site has a PDF of it they could get you.

AzSignMagic

This was a new problem after replacing the pump, the capping station and waste lines, and the Y sensor is not available on its own. At this point I have had it with Mutoh's complete lack of Customer Service and Support and am looking at Mimaki and Roland. My 2 year old Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 46 with the Y code error and new everything else is now officially for sale.

PMG

My partner just got his Mutoh and I was getting ready to order a Mutoh,after reading all about these problems,I'm not to sure about a Mutoh,with all the problems people are having with these printers,could a class action be placed on them to get them to replace your printer and or a refund ,seem they keep selling a not up to standard product as they claim!!!!

I also receive this message (070 Yencode error) and I am able to turn the machine off then on again. What exactly is this error?

amylynn@smartdesignsngraphics

Dude I just went through the same thing...It's your servo motor. And if your machine is like mine the voltage on the main board was set too low (4.7) Should have been (5.3). I have gone through 2 servo motors until the tech realized it was the voltage. It also would make my machine stop printing in the middle of prints. Everyone said it was my virtual memory on the machine ripping the job...but NOPE it was the voltage on the machine.

AzSignMagic

I have been thru everything and anything, end result was that the machine cannot be fixed, went thru numerous techs, mutoh technical which is completely worthless, and had a technicial from mutoh on site. So, the mutoh is a paperweight. New Roland being delivered in a couple of weeks.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have been thru everything and anything, end result was that the machine cannot be fixed, went thru numerous techs, mutoh technical which is completely worthless, and had a technicial from mutoh on site. So, the mutoh is a paperweight. New Roland being delivered in a couple of weeks.

It's not that my heart doesn't bleed for you, it most certainly does. That does not alter the inarguable fact that anything can be fixed as long as it's well and truly malfunctioning as opposed to orbiting about some inherent design flaw.

You simply haven't been able to fix it or to find anyone who knows its ass from a warm biscuit in these matters. This is way different than not being fixable. No less frustrating, but different.

cwtjr81

I have a falcon jr and have got this code before also. I called my caligraph guy and he told me to clean the sensor with some denatured alc. and the strip that runs the length of the machine. I did this and fixed the problem haven't had it sense but i clean those areas pretty regular now.

Charlie Thomas
Thomas Sign Works

creative

If you can take the sensor off try to read the numbers on it and call www.DIGIKEY.com, thats where i got ic's cap's resistors sensors and more...
if you can't get the same kind loof for a similar on their catalog, after all it's just a switch, others of the same kind will do the same.

good luck
Creative Concepts
Phoenix Az.

I called my caligraph guy and he told me to clean the sensor with some denatured alc.

No!No! That stuff can be too harsh on the sensors.

Regular cleanings will prevent many errors but you should not need anything other than clean lint-free cloths/towels and possibly distilled water.

Valentino

tucson is about 2 hours away from phoenix, and I see a Valuejet in the background, so I dont think it's the same machine

creative

Had you tried the following

Use the selfdiagnostic
“Examination/Enc
oders” to check
Encoder Y

→ If it is no good, check
cable connections J112
(HEAD2) on the main board
and J202(MAIN2) on the
head board.
→ Replace the T fence