• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut Color Charts

blufftonsignguy

I am running coreldraw X7 with a roland printer and versa works. I am also running smart designer (add on for coreldraw). I updated smart designer the other day and somehow reverted back to my default settings in coreldraw. Now I am not able to locate my contour cut line color chart to place contour cut lines on the items that I print. Anyone have any information on where I can locate this color chart? It would be greatly appreciated!!!:banghead:

Roland CutContour Spot Color Access in CorelDraw X5 and Above

I am running coreldraw X7 with a roland printer and versa works. I am also running smart designer (add on for coreldraw). I updated smart designer the other day and somehow reverted back to my default settings in coreldraw. Now I am not able to locate my contour cut line color chart to place contour cut lines on the items that I print. Anyone have any information on where I can locate this color chart? It would be greatly appreciated!!!:banghead:

Hello Bluffonsignguy,

The CutContour spot color is built into all versions of CorelDrax above X5, including your X7. The following link will take you to a video that demonstrates how to make the CutContour spot color library visible in CorelDraw: Beginner's Guide to Print/Cut with CorelDraw X5 - YouTube.

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

blufftonsignguy

While this was very informative, it is not exactly what I was looking for. I have looked through corel draw numerous times and can not find the versaworks contour cut library. It has been so long since i first loaded it, I can not remember how I did it.

equippaint

If it was a custom palette try going to window > color palettes then in that flyout youll see a list of them. The ones with a check mark are displayed on the sidebar in the workspace, just click the ones you want to display. To make a new palette goto tools > palette editor then click on the page icon with the little green circle.
The roland libraries should be in corel but if youre loading the whole spot color library i think you have to run through the palette editor. To make a new cut contour go through the editor, add color (usually 100%m) and name the spot color "CutContour" if I remember right

Ragnabrok

in your versaworks directory, under swatch -> corel there is a userinks.cpl file you can open, and is all the VW colours, CutContour included. It wont shop up in the default add list, you have to change the file type drop down to legacy.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You can always just create a spot color named, "CutContour". Capital C's no spaces. No need for a special color chart.

While this was very informative, it is not exactly what I was looking for. I have looked through corel draw numerous times and can not find the versaworks contour cut library. It has been so long since i first loaded it, I can not remember how I did it.

It's our understanding that you simply need to access the CutContour spot color in CorelDraw X7. If this is correct, then the following info is accurate. Starting with CorelDraw X5 (and all newer version), the Roland spot color library (including CutContour) is built into the software. You do not manually add any files (that applies to Corel X4 and older). The video provided in the 12-23-2016, 09:26 AM post above, the steps to access the library are demonstrated (starting at 3 minutes, 57 seconds in the timeline).

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

blufftonsignguy

Thank you. I will try again and see. It is possible I saw a squirrel before I got to that point.

It's our understanding that you simply need to access the CutContour spot color in CorelDraw X7. If this is correct, then the following info is accurate. Starting with CorelDraw X5 (and all newer version), the Roland spot color library (including CutContour) is built into the software. You do not manually add any files (that applies to Corel X4 and older). The video provided in the 12-23-2016, 09:26 AM post above, the steps to access the library are demonstrated (starting at 3 minutes, 57 seconds in the timeline).

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

blufftonsignguy

Yeah im not exactly sure what I did, but everything is there but the contour cut palette. I tried following the video even after 3:57. When I go into my color pallettes, the entire roland color system and several other options are there, but no contour cut file or option. I was however able to create a contour cut line palette and now back in full action.

Thank you again for your help with this!!

Take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Bluealert

X7 has the palette built in - Go to Window > Color Palettes > Color Palettes Manager > Palette Libraries > Spot > Roland >Roland VersaWorks - Check the eye