• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

contour cut not working right

braddaggy

Help Please! In flexi 8 I put a contour cut around the text, export as a tiff, then in versa works I go to cut controls and order it to print only, but it is printing the contour line around the text. This has never happened to me before. What gives?

Tony McD

I think you exported the cut line as a tiff also?
Export the artwork as a tiff, then put the cutline on top of that.

braddaggy

yes, I exported everything from flexi as a tiff. Then I opened up the tiff in versiworks, then went to cut controls, print only. Later after I print and laminate I come back to print controls and cut only. Thats how I've always done it. Yet this time it is printing the contour line. Understand?

RMXGRAPHIX

Help Please! In flexi 8 I put a contour cut around the text, export as a tiff, then in versa works I go to cut controls and order it to print only, but it is printing the contour line around the text. This has never happened to me before. What gives?
You should be able to export/save it as an Illustrator.ai or .eps file but you might have to open it up in illustrator to add the "CutContour/CutPath then save it as a .eps for versaworks works for me

Mike Paul

Super Active Member

Select your tiff picture and your vector contour cut path in Flexi and export them as an eps file. Your cut line will be separate and independant from the tiff file.