• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut Problem

artsnacker

Hi
I've been lurking on this site for awhile but this is my first post. I'm attempting my first contour cut to my Graphtec FC7000. I'm printing and cutting out of Flexi 8.5. The cutter seems to read the registration marks but then it's cutting/writing small letters and numbers along the edge and stopping and not doing the contour cut. Can anyone give me some ideas on what I'm doing wrong or what I don't have set up correctly.
thanks in advance.
donna

bjones

for this you really do need to read your flexi manual so you understand just how to create a contour line and how to select it.

Case

Hi
I've been lurking on this site for awhile but this is my first post. I'm attempting my first contour cut to my Graphtec FC7000. I'm printing and cutting out of Flexi 8.5. The cutter seems to read the registration marks but then it's cutting/writing small letters and numbers along the edge and stopping and not doing the contour cut. Can anyone give me some ideas on what I'm doing wrong or what I don't have set up correctly.
thanks in advance.
donna

The answer is simple.... The language of your plotter is set to GPGL.....For Flexi, OMEGA, SIGNLAB, ONYX Cut-Server the language of the plotter needs to be set to HPGL. For the Cutting Master plug-in that comes with the Graphtec plotter to use out of Illustrator or Corel, the language is set to GPGL.....

Load some media in your plotter and get to the ready screen... Hit Menu, next twice, interface, command, select the language HPGL for FLexi, hit ENTER... and then just hit menu and you will be back at the ready screen and now you will be ready to do your contour cutting out of Flexi....

I hope I explained it to where you can understand...

Case

artsnacker

Case
Thank you! I bet that's it. I've been cutting out of Illustrator until today. I'm going to run and try it now. Thank you so much!!

artsnacker

Case
Your response was dead on. It worked! Thanks again for the response. I was going crazy trying to figure it out. Amazing how one little setting can darn near ruin your day.
donna