• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting issue?

Cruzer

A Sign is a Sign is a Sign
I was telling a friend of mine about the contour cutting I was doing and he said that if I use 4 points it would contour cut better. So I tried it. It was way off. about a 1/4 in or so. I contacted SW on line to ask but no answer after about 3 -4 weeks. I guess my time has run out with them. So I played with it a few times by making corrections in the contour off sets for both my printer and cutter. Turns out if I use two points its only off a small amount. 4 points and its is way off. has anyone had this issue. I am still waiting on an answer from SW. :signs101:

signguy95

what version of flexi? I know when we got our printer (jv3) and cutter (graphtec) that we had trouble at first, but after contacting graphtec about the issue, they told us to contact SAI (flexi) that they had a patch for the 8.1 that solved the contour issue.

After speaking with several people at SAI, I finally got them to email me the patch and it helped alot.

I know they told me they fixed this in the 8.5 version, but maybe 8.0-8.1 had some issue?

Jay