• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting Phototex

knucklehead

Anyone have any experience contour cutting PhotoTex on a Roland print/cut machines? Be it solvent, or pigment. The reason I ask is, with all these new printers hitting the market, I figure someone is going to let go of a CJ machine pretty reasonable. And that's exactly what I want to do my larger wall graphics on Phototex. I have a 24 inch Epson now, and a Graphtec cutter, but I haven't hit on a reliable method of cutting the phototex yet. Thanks Mike

stevesign

Yes, i too have had trouble cutting that fabric stuff, i ended up cutting it on a Tangential Summa with an original summa blade.

I would try maybe hitting it with a lot of extra cutting pressure.

TheSnowman

I have no trouble cutting it on my Mimaki. I just put it on the slowest setting it can go, and let it take it's sweet time.

jfiscus

Rap Master
in versaworks I use 5cm/s @ 200gsm for a contour cut, works well but still need to be careful when weeding to make sure no strings start pulling.

Replicator

I cut it by hand or it frays very badly, or cuts through and ruins my protection strip . . . Just not worth it !