• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting Window Perf

rjssigns

Yes, I did a search and scoured through what popped up. Unless I missed it I didn't see any "silver bullet" fix.

Any tips or tricks for contour cutting 50/50 window perf with a D140?
Printer is a Mutoh. Software is Flexi Pro.

Plotter would read most of the marks then Digitize Point popped up on the display.
I was surprised it read as many as it did.

Ended up doing the vinyl and Sharpie combo to get it to work.
Would rather not have to do that since it wastes so much time.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Same here. Different printer and plotter but yeah we have to "ink" in the registration marks and put transfer tape along the perimeter to get the plotter to read all.

rjssigns

Same here. Different printer and plotter but yeah we have to "ink" in the registration marks and put transfer tape along the perimeter to get the plotter to read all.
Phooey, I was hoping there would be a miracle cure. Makes me wish there was a bombsight like the Gerbers. Hmmm...I wonder if there's a manual mode on the Summa? I'll have to do some digging.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
There is but it won't be accurate.
I would make the marks bigger and reduce them. Maybe only 4 marks for the whole job.

Kemik

I sell stickers and sticker accessories.
Maybe print a just a box as a template or your own crops as a template, cover them in white vinyl, roll it back, and hope the real crops print on top of the white vinyl?

rjssigns

There is but it won't be accurate.
I would make the marks bigger and reduce them. Maybe only 4 marks for the whole job.
I was wondering about that. Have to give it a shot on the next job. As long as it cuts within the bounds of an eighth inch bleed it should be fine.

rjssigns

Maybe print a just a box as a template or your own crops as a template, cover them in white vinyl, roll it back, and hope the real crops print on top of the white vinyl?
Possible, but too much left to chance. As weird as it sounds it's faster to cover with vinyl and Sharpie in new marks.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Just curious... Why do you need sharpie with vinyl? I just use black vinyl. I have some pre-cut so they are on hand if I need them.

rjssigns

Just curious... Why do you need sharpie with vinyl? I just use black vinyl. I have some pre-cut so they are on hand if I need them.
I only print at my shop so no colored vinyl. Got out of that mess of carrying 80 to 90 colors and a client needing something I didn't have. All cut vinyl gets subbed out to a local shop.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I do exactly that, I print a gray box outline, a situation forced upon me by an eclectic mix of software if I'm printing on non-white media. Mostly metallic silver and manual registration marks don't work with my setup. Before you start, register the vinyl at some landmark on your printer. I use the top edge of the black bar used to determine media width. Apply white vinyl rectangles over each f the 4 corners, then back the vinyl up to the registration point from which you started. Pain in the butt but it works every time.