• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cutting with laser Point III

Jeff Eller

I have a 28 inch us cutter laser point III. I'm printing with a mutoh 1624. Using vinylmaster xpt software.

My issue is when I try to contour cut it finds the first registration mark then when it moves to find the send one it looks for it about an inch short of the mark.

Any ideas what I need to do to get it to find that second mark?
Tia

R08

I've had the same problem using VM with different machines. I was using a Roland SC540 print and cut and it was doing similar things. Finally gave up and lined it up manually. I've seen others with the same complaint. I personally think it's the VM software.

Jeff Eller

I've had the same problem using VM with different machines. I was using a Roland SC540 print and cut and it was doing similar things. Finally gave up and lined it up manually. I've seen others with the same complaint. I personally think it's the VM software.
What was your process of manually setting the marks?

R08

What was your process of manually setting the marks?
I think the Mutoh has different markings than Roland but I used trial and error on smaller prints to find what to line up the cutting blade to. In my case there was a crosshatch type of marking that I used.