• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Conversation with a wholesale customer

jiarby

Customer: <sends email with an attached TIF logo> "Can I get this file vectorized"

Me: yes.. $25

2 hrs later

Customer: "The customer canceled when he relised he would have to pay for it."

WTF!?

Did my wholesale customer think that I was going to vectorize it for free?

ActualGrafix

You should've replied, i can't do it for free but i have this one you may be interested in . . . .:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• middle_finger.jpg
    middle_finger.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 81

TheSnowman

People seem to always freak out when they have to pay for "artwork" that they "already have". It blows me away that a "wholesale" customer didn't know this though. I usually just build another $25 - $35 into my price when I think I'm going to have to convert something...

Ken

Vectorizing..

So when you vectorize...what is your prefered method?
I've been having pretty good results with Corel X3.
Sorry, Vector Doctor...
Cheers!
Ken

weaselboogie

I've been having pretty good results with Corel X3.
Sorry, Vector Doctor...
Cheers!
Ken

It all depends on what you're starting with. If you have a large crisp image to start with, an autotrace might do the job. I prefer to rebuild logos like the Vector Doctor to get the best final result especially if they're previous web graphics. ( but I'm sure he's a LOT quicker than I am! ) I'd be like the Vector Orderly. Maybe the Vector Nurse on a good day.

signgal

rofl @ weasel... I find it easier to recreate it the same way but the easiest way I've found is send it to the doc LOL

Sorry Jiarby... it seems everyone is looking for everything for free right now.

roadrage

You guys are cheap. I charge minimum $100 and then give them the art. Makes for a happy customer because he can take something with him and puts a smile on my face... I got paid for my time!

jiarby

I import the bitmap in to a layer
Then start a new layer and use the bezier tool... using mostly mouse clicks and keyboard shortcuts to create the right type of node.

The LOL in this case is that the logo was in BOTW! After that I just had to schlep some text in. it was a 2 minute thing. I already had it done while I was waiting for his answer.