• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Conversations on business management for the sign maker.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Starting at $45 per month you may have as many fifteen minute conversations you want with me.

At the end of each talk, we will agree on an easy and simple “next action” project.
Once that project is finished, you can book another session.

Billing: Starting with the next full month, the billing will occur at the end of the month, as long as you feel it has been worth it and you want to continue. If not, no billing and no continuation. If we do continue, each successive month the rate will go up by $10 until we reach the normal $95 per month. Again, the amount will be billed at the end of month, but only if you decide to continue.

The content/topic of most of our talks will be on the business management side of your sign making. Marketing, pricing, communication skills, leadership, teamwork, customer service, client loyalty, referrals, social media, website, organizing, prospecting, sales, purpose, vision, creativity, stress-free productivity, hiring new staff, community/public relations, advertising, working hard and having fun. Plus so much more.

If you have any level of interest, I invite you to contact me.

Robert@SignShopWriter.com

https://robertarmerding.youcanbook.me/

Cell phone: 408-833-9920

Expires November 30, 2020

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Over the last decades, I have talked with hundreds of sign makers about the business side of their company. Every conversation is different. Everyone has something going on that causes them to wonder what should they do. How to make the best decision. My role is often just to help you connect the dots. It works because of one of my favorite words, "Synergy." Without us talking together, there can be no synergy.
Try a short conversation with me to find out for yourself.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm lost....... again. :confused: Unless my idea of synergy is different than yours, Robert..... how can you charge someone for offering something that may or may not work ?? It takes two to tango and two or more for synergy to work. How does the other party get their $45 a month ?? It doesn't sound fair to me to charge for your ideas, if you are combining yours and theirs. Also, how many synergies are you gonna be doing at one time ?? Doesn't this approaoch kinda lean heavily on you being more of a business coach or guest, then an important part of a situation ?? Seems you'd be spreading yourself mighty thin if more than 2 people called you.

I mean, really Robert, you asking for help on how to put together simple instructions for putting shelf liner paper down, but you wanna charge for this other stuff ?? This is what I've been asking for months. What are your credentials ?? If you don't know how to lay down vinyl or explain it to someone..... how can we pay you to do what you cannot explain ?? I'm dead f*ckin' serious, too.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
I'm lost....... again. :confused: Unless my idea of synergy is different than yours, Robert..... how can you charge someone for offering something that may or may not work ?? It takes two to tango and two or more for synergy to work. How does the other party get their $45 a month ?? It doesn't sound fair to me to charge for your ideas, if you are combining yours and theirs. Also, how many synergies are you gonna be doing at one time ?? Doesn't this approaoch kinda lean heavily on you being more of a business coach or guest, then an important part of a situation ?? Seems you'd be spreading yourself mighty thin if more than 2 people called you.

I mean, really Robert, you asking for help on how to put together simple instructions for putting shelf liner paper down, but you wanna charge for this other stuff ?? This is what I've been asking for months. What are your credentials ?? If you don't know how to lay down vinyl or explain it to someone..... how can we pay you to do what you cannot explain ?? I'm dead f*ckin' serious, too.
Gino Thanks for your feedback. It has been my own personal experience in talking with sign makers to find that our conversations are productive and helpful. Nonetheless, there have been a few times when it has not worked.
In one way, I could describe my service as being a sort of sounding board.
Sometimes I only have to ask a few questions and let the other person work through their own thoughts.
My being a neutral but interested party usually makes the conversation worth while, but not always.
So, that is why I make it clear that if there has been no valuable results, there is no payment.

On the other topic in your second paragraph. I am writing the explanation. All I was asking is if I could compare notes.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Like I said, I'm serious. I am so glad you are a Merchant Member here, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out what for ?? I don't know what you do ?? I cannot refer anyone to you, as I cannot explain a single solitary thing about you or what you do. Everything is double talk and side-stepping. You don't commit, you don't give examples. You don't make sense, but you talk nice. :thumb: I'd like to help, but have no clue as to how ??

In your OP here, you said it's all about synergy, but your second post says it's about being a sound board. Cripes, that's what we're all doing here..... and for free. If you can charge for free advice, more power to ya, but I don't see it. Tell me to stop or lay off, cause I ain't gonna on my own, cause I'd like to know what you really do..... or are doing ??

Oh, and by the way..... there's no way written instructions will be 1,000 words on how to lay down simple graphics. Get real, it's only RTG graphics that DIY can ever do. They don't need a book, just a paragraph.​

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp

Gino Let's talk about the topic of "What are your credentials ?? "
First of all, I am sure that you are aware that I could purchase just about any kind of credential there is and still not be capable of delivering a productive conversation.
Second. If you have a particular set of credentials that would more than satisfy your requirements, would you be so kind as to point me to them.
Third, if I had those credentials, would I really spend one cent on this forum?

As I see it, my best credential is results that end up in your bank. It just so happens that I really enjoy working with sign makers. It also so happens that I do not need to make money. You could call it my hobby. Even so, I am determined to connect with interested Signs101 members. So far, it is beginning to happen and I intend to keep it going.
Gino, feel free to remain at the complete opposite end of the spectrum from me. I welcome your viewpoint and perspective.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Robert is a consultant. He frames it in a little more friendly way, but at the end of the day that's how I perceive his services.

There are many shops out there with lingering questions:
  1. How do I find more customers that actually help me be more profitable?
  2. How can I get business back from this new competitor in town?
  3. How do I handle a client that takes my designs, and has another shop handle the production?
A conversation with Robert might very well help answer a question like this that ABCD's Signs in SW-NE might have.

$95/month for a better business decision, or just to speak with a good listener within our industry seems pretty fair to me. None of us have all the answers. Robert just might be able to help you answer one or two of your questions, and in the end, it could make you more profitable.

Either way, any response to a topic, even one from a critic keeps Robert's posts at the top of the S101 homepage. :D

Johnny Best

FireSprint must be a good listener because he describes what Robert does better than Robert can describe to us what he does.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: I'm not trying to ignore him, and I'm not trying to bump him to the top, but I am trying to understand him better. However, that is not working. Not at all.

Fire, you're right, no one has all the answers, but that's what this place is all about...... from students, to employees to designers, shop owners and wholesalers alike, we all learn here, based upon the years of experience from our older members to the hands-on stuff from the younger people. We all learn from each other and we all have a means of getting those points across. Some better than others. :omg: What I don't understand is how each and every thread is a mystery and worded differently as you pointed out. No need to re-invent the wheel, let's all get on the same playing field and discuss these things. I've asked Robert that very question time and time again. I've had many PMs with him and quite honestly, it's just as baffling back there.

Merchant Members, in my opinion have our attention, as to what they do, stand for and contribute..... and is quite clear while we can talk on just about any subject. Not so, with this guy. I cannot figure out if it's being done purposely or if he just doesn't have any focus on his own threads, but it's quite clear he riles the masses up. Fire, since you brought this up.... what kinda person or situation would you send to Robert ?? Someone who needs listening lessons ?? Perhaps someone who wants their scissors sharpened ?? Maybe someone who wants to expand their horizons. Would you send just anyone to him ?? What do you kow about his background, other than he likes working with sign people ?? I've only seen one person give a testimonial and it wasn't at all convincing, just that he knew him.

For the most part, you can get any question answered here on just about any subject without having to pay $45 or $95 a month. If not, what's the use of coming here ?? Just to argue about politics or how bad someone's kerning is...... or where to get cheap ink ??

I prefer to think of s101 as a great pot of information from many many experienced people with long track records or good hands-on knowledge. I just haven't heard of any dues being paid and I guess that's my real question..

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What Gino said. 100%. Also What Fire said - about the fact that we keep posting and reacting on his threads. This fact has crossed my mind more than once. I know that he keeps track of all of this.
I'll bet he can tell each and every one of us how many times we have looked at his threads, posted and reacted to comments.

It's probably all going in that book he's writing ;)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Honestly, I would never use Robert's services. The price seems to be unfair, and I doubt that his consultations will help my business with anything. Don't get me wrong, everyone deserves to be paid well, but his services are kind of…weird. Well, my company is a little unusual because it was registered online. I successfully applied for e-Residency on https://www.xolo.io/ and they took control over my business's management. I doubt that Robert's services can be as useful as theirs.

:roflmao: Hey Murray....... how can you turn something down, if ya have no idea what you're turning down ?? :doh: