• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Converting line segments?

GoodPeopleFlags

I usually do all my vector work in Omega because I know the tools well, but sometimes I need to do some node editing in Illy. I'm having the hardest time figuring out the tools! My main question right now is how to change a line segment from a curve to a straight line. And if anyone can point me in the right direction to learn the editing tools better, that would be a plus, too. I've tried the Help but I still don't get it.
Thanks!
-kelli

deejay

Use the Convert anchor point tool. Just clik on the curved point you want to make straight. This tool is hidden under the Direct Selection Tool.

J Hill Designs

convert anchor point tool is in the flyout when you hold down the pen tool button if that makes sense - I can upload a screenshot if you need

m.hafenbrack

You can also just select the pen tool, and when you hold "alt" it switches between the pen tool and convert anchor tool.

G

gps-hi

don't you have to convert the anchor points at both ends of the line segment to "corner?"