• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Convertong SWOP to CMYK or Pantone.

Big Blue

I have a customer that needs a print done. The color he gave me was a "Swop" pantone color....DS 117-1C. Curious to see if anyone knows much about this, would be nice to convert it over to CMYK, or even a Pantone color..... Thanks in advance.

rfulford

This is a Pantone process coated number. All the colors in these books use only CMYK process colors and reflect swop press conditions. There should be no conversion necessary to CMYK if you have a file using this color. If you need to specify a color, Illustrator shows me a mix of 0,100,50,40.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have had VERY bad luck in the past printing anything other than the standard CVC/C/U Pantone colors CMYK. Looks nothing like it should, but I can't recall which suffix it was anymore... We always preflight the seps if a spot is included.

More info available here:
http://www.colorguides.net/pantone_suffix.html

Although that link says you should be fine?