• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coozie Question / Problem Please Help

ZsVinylInc

Hey everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend. I have a question / possible problem. I am new to the dye sublimation process and we are trying to get our first order of 40 coozies completed which have to ship out today in order to make it to the customer on time.

We are running a GX 7000 with Hotronixs Fushion 16 x 20 press. The coozies we are running are Conde's Hug 2 collapsible ones. We followed all the directions to a T on the first one which was prepress for 20 seconds @ 400 degrees and then press each side for 80 seconds @ 400 degrees.

The problem I see or maybe it isn't, is that once you have completed the entire press cycle for one coozie the very bottom of the coozie seems like it has melted together a little bit. This is right were the material is folded over at the bottom. It then leaves a little lip sticking out when you put it on a can and the can doesn't sit nice on the table. Is this normal and to be expected with this product?

We have tried a total of 6 coozies with all types of different pressure, time and temperature settings and still get this effect. We are just looking for some incite being as we are new to this process. FYI the colors looked the best using Conde's directions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Big Z

digitalwoodshop

I am catching this a few days old..... How did you make out?

Johnson Plastics has a new Forum and they have a Sublimation Section. I am sure you would get a quick reply and the answer to your problem.

There are many experts on the forum.

Conde may have a forum now too but I know they have a Phone Tech to help you out.

I do a bunch of Sublimation but no Cozies.

Good Luck,

AL