• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cordless Heat Gun

rjssigns

Well folks my Ridgid cordless heat gun arrived yesterday. Was looking for options after I saw a test of the Milwaukee and Ryobi that ran on battery only. Both died 9 minutes in. Not useful for the type of work I do.

Did a test run and so far I'm impressed. It ran for 31 minutes wide open. Pretty sure it will run longer once I figure out how much butane its tank can hold. Didn't even faze the battery.

If you want one order it online. Bare tool in store is $109. Online it's the same $109 but a 5Ah battery is included.

bigben

Hi have the milwaukee that I use for touch up only. But I have to say that this Ridgid with the butane is interesting. 31min is impressive. I assume the heat built is faster too since it's butane operated?

rjssigns

Hi have the milwaukee that I use for touch up only. But I have to say that this Ridgid with the butane is interesting. 31min is impressive. I assume the heat built is faster too since it's butane operated?

Pretty much instant heat. Run time will probably increase. I only held the butane canister on for 20-30 seconds. Supposed to be 60 seconds to fill completely.
I bought this specifically to remove striping from boats. When we go out on a job I bring 200' of extension cord. Now I'll just bring butane. Yay! No more looking for an outlet, tripping over cords or dragging cords across rails etc... As much a safety thing as convenience.

Reveal1

I got mine a couple of weeks ago and getting similar results. Find I'm using for all those quick in-shop touch ups without dragging out the extension cords, although we bought for off-site work which itself is a game changer. Just used Saturday to heat apply door wraps on a locked building with no electrical access.

FYI - there is a guy from Australia selling battery various adapters on Ebay that are 3D printed. He custom made one (Bosch/Ridgid 18V) for me in two weeks for $55 which included shipping, thanks to the great exchange rate for the almighty dollar in today's US economy. Using my Bosch batteries on the Ridgid. Works fine with the slimine 1.7 amp since only driving fan/igniter. Would last for hours or days I imagine with larger battery.