• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Draw 2020 Question - Nesting Alignment

Andy D

I have always wondered if there was a better way to butt my prints together using the alignment tool when nesting them.
I use the alignment & distribution tools all the time, but I'm wondering if there is a way to butt a bunch of objects together (see image below) without manually doing it. I use the snap tool & it helps, but when having to nest a couple hundred things together, it still takes a while.

upload_2021-3-17_13-5-39.png

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
I think you already know that in case you have repeated copies you can align them in duplicating process.
In case you have some quantity of different shapes objects and need to align them the only works tool (aligning & distribute) you already use, I think.

----
Yeahgor Sign & Design

litewave

Few ways (at least) to do this...

1. You can use step and repeat if all objects are the same height and get the objects to but up easy. Just use vertical positions accordingly in the step and repeat docker.

2. Drag a horizontal ruler guide into position.
Note its Y axis coordinate or copy it from top bar.
Select all objects you want the position
Set alignment of object(s) to "top"
(as standard alignment usually takes centre of object). Key in or paste vertical position .

3. Bring up alignment docker and refer to this video at about 3minutes...

https://learn.corel.com/tutorials/how-to-align-and-position-objects-in-coreldraw/

Hope this helps...

myront

CorelDRAW is best
There is a series of a macros that I use often that will perform this but still only works for 1 shape at a time.
Select shape A or group A that you want to move
Shift select the shape you wish to align to and either hit left/right/top/bottom macro icon
Default is always either top corner or bottom corner
upload_2021-3-18_13-45-35.png