• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Settings ?

Bunky67

I have CorelDraw x5 and I'm using it with my Roland PNC 1050

I have a couple of issues or questions

1) If I read correctly I need to cut in Landscape rather then portrait ?
I have tried to cut several items, and unless I set corel to cut the item out of the top left corner it prints all the way over to the top right and even off the vinyl, I must have something set wrong, I set my vinyl up at 13" x 144"
and under custom

2) I have tried to set the outline pen and then go to tools and save settings as default but it doesn't seem to stay

OldPaint

#1. that old cutter hada limit of 92.99 in length. cant go beyond it with corel. a more dedicated sign program will. so if you set it to 90.00 it should work.
#2. PNC-1050, will more then likely be a problem with anything newer the XP as an operating system.
#3.corel has a print preview. if what you want to cut is not showing up in the lower left corner when you place it there on the corel desktop, you have the orientation wrong on the plotter.......if i remember the window on the plotter will ask you SELECT AXIS, then under it you will see: <R0-0> RO-90, YOU NEED TO GET RO-90 BLINKING OR WITH THE < >blinking on RO-90 and elect it by hitting enter.

Cyw

To change your outline default, you need to open the Outline dialog box WITH NOTHING SELECTED.
A pop up box will ask you where you want the new default to apply.....graphic, artistic text or paragraph text. Choose one.......or all of them, whatever you want
Whatever changes you made will stick even when you close and open Corel again.

If you do it with something selected, like you're doing it, it will only use the parameter you set as a default for that one session only.