• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel shuts down when i open file

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
I did just that!

I opened another Corel file then I imported the trouble file and then I saved it as another name QUICKLY. lol

This, however does not rectify or solve why the file does this.

waiting on more input and direction from everyone!
You have created a corrupt file, easy to do if you use a bad font, made something to big or told corel to do something else that consumed all your ram. Import into a new file and save then delete your old file.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
hello Everyone.

i FINALLY figured this darn thing out!!

here is what support at Corel had me do...

Hello, I'm CorelDRAW Technical Support Chat Bot. I will try to assist you.
can't open any files that have fonts. CRashes and locks up all the time.: can't open any files that have fonts. Crashes and locks up all the time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have done the REPAIR, i have reinstalled my windows Pro ver 10 and still not working.

I can open the program and even open any file that has objects but cannot open any file that has fonts.
I understand you might be experiencing startup/crash issues with the software. To assist you, please clarify if you are encountering the issue with CorelDRAW Graphics Suite on macOS or Windows.
Windows
Please select an option that best describes your situation:
Experiencing an issue on startup.
Please clarify if the issue occurs during or after the installation, or if the CorelDRAW app was able to start previously.
Worked previously.
To try to resolve your issue, please perform the following steps: 1. Ensure that your CorelDraw applications are not running. 2. Press "Windows key" + R on the keyboard and input cmd and press Enter. 3. Execute the following command: del /q/f/s %TEMP%\* 4. Execute the next command: ren %appdata%\Corel Corel.old 5. Hold down F8 button (on some notebooks may be Fn+F8) and double-click CorelDraw shortcut. 6. When prompted to reset your workspace, click "Yes". Check if the issue persists.
Issue persists.
In that case, please try resetting the font database by performing the following steps:

1. Locate the Corel Font Manager application on your computer. Run the Corel Font Manager application while holding the F8 key.

2. In the “Restore Default Settings” dialog box, enable the “Font database” check box.
The steps have helped.
Now feel free to close this chat.