• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel to Omega for output

quicksignguy

Corel to Omega for output
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hey, guys I've got an issue with our Omega to Graphtec output for cutting vinyl. I've got a new computer running win XP - I've installed all software from old system (Corel 10, InDesign etc) Just installed Omega 1.56 for cutting vinyl on our Graphtec FC5100-75. The way it was setup before (on older system), I could simply design layout in Corel, export as AI, import into Omega, then output to plotter from there. Now when I import these AI files into Omega, the default color for lines is Red and when I try to output, it gives me error message saying "Gerber Edge file imcompatible with Omega CL" I don't have a clue what that means. I'm not using Gerber Edge. I'm using same export settings in Corel, but not too familiar with all the bells & whistles in Omega. Have you seen this before? Any ideas?

Thanx,
Dave :cool:

Dave Stacey

I'm not that sckooled in Omega. When you select your graphic you can change you fill to NONE.That should change your lines to black & may cut.
right-click & go to fill,or press 1.
This may not be what your talking about.

quicksignguy

Actually it was one of those stupid, "I forgot to check the box" things. Just a simple click fixed it in the import box "Vinyl only" would have done it. I almost hate getting new computers and then having to go in and re-establish all setting etc. thanx for the info though

D :Cool 2: