• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Corel X4 can no longer make an .eps file that Roland Versaworks will accept.

MrDav3C

So I have used Corel for many years, it might be worth checking the post script level is level 3 in the EPs export dialogue box. I think earlier versions of Corel also installed "ghostscript" to manage EPS files, it may be worth checking this is installed correctly too. Have you also tried holding F8 when you start Corel? This should reset it to factory defaults. I doubt this will help as you say you have uninstalled and reinstalled but perhaps some settings are not completely removed during the uninstall process so may be worth a try! Apologies if some of this not correct / relevant, its difficult to remember all the settings etc. going back to X4

MrDav3C

Well Dang! I had no idea I could cut a pdf! Thanks for that! I just made a pdf and VW accepted it and printed/cut it. I also made a jpg and it printed that too. It just won't cut an eps that was made on the same machine the VW is installed on. Just to be sure I just tried another eps attempt and it failed. VW won't finish RIPing it.

Resizing the page made no difference BTW.
Yes, you can cut from a .pdf, I think we had to save this in an older file version for Versaworks to read the cut path correctly but this may have changed with newer versions of Versaworks.

signmeup

Yes, you can cut from a .pdf, I think we had to save this in an older file version for Versaworks to read the cut path correctly but this may have changed with newer versions of Versaworks.
Thank you for your thoughts. The other computers are using postscript2 and make files that work. I tried postscript3 with no change. I have a workaround with the pdf files(and my old XP computer) so I'm going to take a much needed break from this for a few days before I try the F8 idea. I'm a bit frazzled after 3 days of this crap!