• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X4

knucklehead

Just a follow up on my previous post about whether to upgrade to X4 or buy the X4 edu. version, well I just ordered the educational version from Amazon the other day for $89 plus free shipping, and didn't have to document being a student or nothing. So for all the non-students out there, well???? I certainly would not condone fudging, this was posted for informational purposes only.

R08

You bought the educational version..
Well your profile does say that you are a preschooler!
So I guess it must be ok

Replicator

I would say your only mistake was probably being unaware

that the education edition of the software

will never be eligible for upgrades . . . !

BadAss

Rep,
My son uses Corel and has upgraded from student 10 to student 12 and now has student X3. So it does seem to upgrade,,,

BadAss

Well looking back through his computer I see that the only full version was Corel Graphics Pack (Not sure that date)
Then upgraded to students Versions 9, 10, 12 and nox X3. Want to go X4 but we'll see...Thanx.Rep for the heads up...M*

Craig Sjoquist

well I have X3 ,.... been trying X4 of trial version and I must admitt....I like it ....is it a must have ....well maybe not ..but I do see things in there that do make it more user friendly, that would help me, but also I've not used X3 to it's fullest yet ...that being said IF can raise enough cash I'll buy a box version..

git r dun

coyote

I suppose I should've looked farther down the row to see this-I had just asked a question about x3 vs x4-so, now I'll come down here and join the fun.
I teach at the local community college and am also a graduate student and was thinking about getting the student version.

You are restricted from using the student version to make money: My question is, how do they find out? I use Flexi for the shop, I'll use Corel for my slide presentations and stuff for the college....And If I'm using it for school stuff, and happen to design a sign on it, will the police come and get me?

Just wondering....Carol

coyote

Well, that's fair enough. I think I will go for the teacher version, since I really am a teacher. I'll have the snazziest materials at the community college and will probably get roped into doing stuff for everyone else when the word gets out. What really gripes me is that the school has graphics classes in Illustrator, but nothing for Corel. Guess I'll just learn on my own, as usual.

This is fun, good group, good conversation, good advice.
Carol

cwa

Use coupon code ALLUME2007. (Expires 4/30/2008) on the Corel website & get free shipping, + an ugly Tee Shirt and a sketchbook. I used a different one that I can't retrieve and paid $179.10 on 3-27 and it came yesterday. If that one doesn't work just do a search for Corel Coupon

Jackpine

Take it any way you want but your profile and your user name define your post. It is a lack of morals on your part anyway you look at it. Corel is worth every penny anyone pays for it, retail or upgrade. This is a blatant example of what is going on tn our country. I want it now and I want it cheap. If you don't 'CONDONE FUDGING' than why did you?No welcome here.
Just a follow up on my previous post about whether to upgrade to X4 or buy the X4 edu. version, well I just ordered the educational version from Amazon the other day for $89 plus free shipping, and didn't have to document being a student or nothing. So for all the non-students out there, well???? I certainly would not condone fudging, this was posted for informational purposes only.