• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coreldraw 2021 and Font Spacing

LUV DEM TIGERS

I had been using Coreldraw 2019 and had purchased 2021 when it came out new but hadn't used it. But for some reason my 2019 has quit working and I have even tried to uninstall and reload to now avail so I am finally 2021. My problem is when I am working with a font it doesn't give me the options to change spacing and such. Everything seems to be greyed out. If I click off a words it looks like the options become visible. But when I click back on the word the options disappear again. Am I missing something? Do I need to reinstall. This is driving me nuts.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Are you talking about the options in the Text palette? Within the last couple or so versions Corel decided to hide the character spacing, word spacing and language spacing options in a collapsible part of the Text palette. At the bottom of the "Paragraph" portion of the palette (near bottom) there is an up/down arrow just above the "Frame" section. Click the down arrow to open that part of the palette and the character spacing options will be visible.

LUV DEM TIGERS

Are you talking about the options in the Text palette? Within the last couple or so versions Corel decided to hide the character spacing, word spacing and language spacing options in a collapsible part of the Text palette. At the bottom of the "Paragraph" portion of the palette (near bottom) there is an up/down arrow just above the "Frame" section. Click the down arrow to open that part of the palette and the character spacing options will be visible.
Thanks. That helped me. Why in the world did they figure that was an "upgrade".

LUV DEM TIGERS

The other thing I have trouble with is a "find and replace" on a uniform color fill. I am going to have to play with it unless you have some secrets that they "upgraded".

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The Find and Replace function has had issues in the 2022 version. I don't know if they did anything to fix it in the recent ".2" (subscriber exclusive) update. I've had issues with it hanging the program and even making it crash. That goes along with other issues.

I rarely press the "H" shortcut on the keyboard for the hand panning tool anymore. I've had too many issues with CorelDRAW having a partial crash; the program window doesn't completely disappear. But all the zooming in/out functions or toggling wireframe/enhanced view stop working. When I click on an object nothing happens. But I'm usually able to save my progress. Then I have to bring up Windows Task Manager to force-quit the application.

CorelDRAW has several type-related issues that go back multiple version cycles. A bunch of the fonts I've downloaded from the Google Fonts web site won't work properly; when I try to apply certain Google fonts to a text object that object gets styled in default Arial instead. Some of the Google fonts even preview styled in Arial within the font menu. It's stupid. The same fonts work perfectly in other rival graphics applications.

Superior_Adam

I do that and I see the uniform fill, but then I can't find the eyedropper to chose the color.
Under fills there is a check box for Uniform Color Fill. Click in the box to put a check mark and then click on the words. I will highlight it all blue and in the box to the right it will bring up the selections. Click the down arrow next to the color and the eyedropper will be there.