• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coreldraw 2021?

LUV DEM TIGERS

On previous versions I always had the transform toolbox on the right hand side along with my text toolbox and my contour toolbox. I use these all the time. On the Coreldraw 2021 it seems like they have really changed things. I can't seem to get the transformation toolbox above the other and then the options are terrible. You have to click flyouts to get to the options like size, rotations, step, mirror, etc. Does anyone know how to get it to look like the old way? I also have it to the right of the text and contour toolbox and they used to stack on top of each other.

Attachments

• Coreldraw.pdf
    613.2 KB · Views: 183

LUV DEM TIGERS

Here is what the PDF is above in case.

Attachments

• Coreldraw.jpg
    Coreldraw.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 148

unclebun

When it originally opened it was in the middle of the page. I dragged it to the side and then it anchored itself there. Now I can't seem to pull it anywhere else.
I keep all the flyouts I use frequently anchored to the right side of the page. Much handier. But it you want to move it, just click and hold the tab of it and pull it off the edge of the page. Or to rearrange the tabs, click and drag up and down in the line and drop it where you want it.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I don't really see what's so different about CorelDRAW 2021 versus the past few versions when it comes to UI items like the Transformations palette. It's pretty easy to add other fly-out palettes to an existing one. There's a little "+" icon at the bottom of the palette tab label. Click that to bring up a flyout menu showing a long list of docker options. I usually have Transformations, Align & Distribute, Objects, Color and Properties nested together in one docker group. I can move that around the workspace, attach it to the right margin of the workspace or even pull it over to another monitor. The palettes can be re-arranged pretty easily or torn-off.

I have plenty of other complaints about CorelDRAW -mainly the "under the hood" stuff in how the application operates. The performance in some aspects is just terrible. More and more I'm having to use Adobe Illustrator for certain tasks because CorelDRAW is too annoying to use for the same thing. The type engine in the past couple or so versions of CorelDRAW has been pretty buggy. Not all fonts installed show up in the font menu. If CorelDRAW is open it can affect the fonts visible in Adobe Illustrator. The OTF Variable type engine in CorelDRAW is faulty. Some variable fonts don't render properly but do work in rival applications like Illustrator and Inkscape. Variable font preview in CorelDRAW is very sluggish. I just got a copy of the new variable version of Helvetica Now; it renders correctly in CorelDRAW but works very slowly. I have to type in numerical axis values rather than use the sliders. Over in Adobe Illustrator the variable font sliders work very smoothly.