• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDraw Powerclip??????

vid

We just got a new computer at the shop. All the CorelDraw default/custom settings that were established on the last computer, were done by those more savvy than I with the software... and they have since moved on.

While we've been able to change most of the defaults to our liking, the one that has stumped us is the placement of the bitmap when applying it to a powerclip. Rather than leaving the bitmap in place as it exists on the artboard, it moves to the center of the object to which it is being placed.

How do I change this setting?

Thanks for your time,
vid

vid

GraphiXtreme said:
As far as I know, it always does that and you have to go in and Edit the Powerclip and move it as desired.
Before I worked next to a couple of CorelDraw aficionados, I couldn't figure out the idiosyncrasies of the program. --- I’m a Illustrator guy,BTW. However, after working with them and picking up some of their tips and tricks, I have to admit, CorelDraw is a snappy little program. We gotta find a good book about it.

learned the hard way said:
Go to tools/options/workspace/edit. Uncheck the box that says "auto-center new powerclip contents".
Thank you!

Okay, so the next question: How do you get the file extensions to display in the "Import Window?" ...is that an XP thing? --- I'm a Mac guy at home.

Thanks for your time,
vid

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Open up Windows Explorer (quickest way is by right clicking on the Start button and choosing "Explore" on the menu).

In Explorer, go the "Tools" menu, select "Folder Options." Choose the second tab "View". A little down the list of options, you'll see: "Hide extensions for known file types." That is checked on with a green check by default. Uncheck it and you'll see the file name extensions.

ChiknNutz

learned the hard way said:
Go to tools/options/workspace/edit. Uncheck the box that says "auto-center new powerclip contents".

Cool! Thanks a lot. I had hoped that there was a way to turn it off, but I hadn't yet found it.

vid

Bobby H said:
Open up Windows Explorer (quickest way is by right clicking on the Start button and choosing "Explore" on the menu).

In Explorer, go the "Tools" menu, select "Folder Options." Choose the second tab "View". A little down the list of options, you'll see: "Hide extensions for known file types." That is checked on with a green check by default. Uncheck it and you'll see the file name extensions.

Now I'm going to be dangerous.

Thank You!
vid