• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cost of ink per sqft? HP Latex 800

Christian @ 2CT Media

When we had our 800W we built our own profiles and our all in cost per sqft including maintenance was $0.41/sqft.

This all in cost includes Machine cost ammortized, maintenance, and ink. Our running ratio in 10pass was 1.28ml/sqft

Haimduek

For the L800 At 170% saturation, Ink usage will be 1.74 ml/sqft which translating to Supplies cost $0.17/sqft
The Ink coverage at this saturation is 575 sqft/liter

Stacey K

I like making signs
Some guy who is smarter than I am had a nice spreadsheet where he accounted for ink, electricity, cleaning, etc. Monthly payment not included. Contour Cut ink .29 cents and Full Coverage ink .32 cents. Those are the prices I use. I am just a one person shop so I'm not going through thousands in ink per month - it gets me close enough.

Vortex37

Laminator Whisperer
I take down how many milliliters are in each cartridge before and after a variety of different jobs on different types of media, noting those with full coverage vs. a lot of white space. After you track it for a month or so you can use those numbers to figure out the average.