• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Countour cut from SL8

Vinyldog

Has anyone been able to use SL registration marks to successfully do print and contour cut using an L310 and GX24 or a SP540 as the cutter?
Trying to avoid going to Flexi if possible

Milo

Not sure of your cutters abilities, but I do a lot of cutting with our HP260 printer and graphtec cutter. Our software has always been Signlab and have never had issues with the registration marks assigned by Signlab. You select your type of registration marks based on your cutters ability to read the marks. Oh, we're using version 9, but we were with 8 for several years.

Vinyldog

Thank you. Good to know. So the cutter finds the cut-marks automatically? I presumed I would have to set the start point manually.

Milo

Right. Not sure of your cutter, but for a print/ cut Signlab assigns two, three, or four reg marks. The more the reg. marks the greater the accuracy on cutting the prints. You select the type and number of marks in the software. When ready to cut from signlab and you hit cut, signlab prompts you to move the knife to the first reg mark ). It takes it from there to locate all the marks for cutting.

Vinyldog

I should have mentioned I have SL8 Versaworks edition. So instead of the Print & Cut command I have simply "Send to Versaworks". Also the GX24 does not have the laser point finder, so I think I'm just going to have to find a registration mark shape that I can reliably line the cut-head up with manually.
Or break down and purchase a better cutter and print & cut program.
I have used SL for twenty years but I think the L310 is designed for flexi.