• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Couple of questions for PC-60 users

arcman

Ha Ha Ha... Ha Ha Ha... Ha Ha Ha... Ha Ha Ha... Ha Ha Ha...

Now that that's out of the way, which adjustment is used to fix this? It looks like the feed is coming up short one line and it is overlapping the print by one dots worth, hence the single dark line. I have the service manual and I assume this is addressed by the Grit Compensation function but it's a bit confusing as to how.

IMG_6721.jpg

See attached pic.

Second question is: can you use a single 8-1/2 x 11" sheet and print to within 1/2" of the borders? I'm trying to print on waterslide decal paper and the only way I can get it to print on a full sheet is to make an outer "paper frame" with about three inch margins and tape the decal paper in the middle of it. If I use just the single sheet and set the "set point" on a corner, it will only print about 4x6" in the center of the page.

My work-around works but it would be nice to not have to use this kludge.

Oh, one more... Any way to get it to print without wasting the first three inches off the roll every time I print?

Thanks for any help.
Lee

Attachments

• IMG_6721.jpg
    IMG_6721.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 72

FrankW

Grit Compensation is the way to do that job. But I can't explain it better how to do it as in the manual.

By the way: you will not be able to avoid any kind of banding like that. One Problem of the PC60 is that it only uses stepper motors, which can't be driven as exact as servo motors. And if the machines are old and worn out (and even the newest PC60 is now around 13 - 15 years old) it will be more and more difficult.

Media size: the printer measures the distance between the outher pinch rollers, NOT the width of the media.It will be difficult to have just a border of 1/2 inch because you need the pinch rollers on the media.

Shadowglen

I had one of those about 15 years ago. if you are serious about printing cost effective color quit messing around with it and buy something made for the job. The only cure I found for my pc-60 was trading it back into the Roland vendor for a rotary engraver at the time. never looked back. in my opinion those machines were never money makers.