• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crease wheel graphtec fc cutters

doinacut

Looking for a how to on the crease tool for the graphtec fc cutters. We're looking at doing boxes with 300gsm silk matt. I've done a couple of experiments with a regular vinyl blade at low force which folded neatly but the folds looked terrible from the outside of the box. So a crease tool might help but I have questions. It seems to be uni directional, do you have to rotate the tool to do longitudinal and lateral creases? Anyone done creases with just a cutting blade? Anyone rigged a tool to just bruise the material instead of cutting?

Thanks all

cornholio

Hello the creasing tool is just a pin with a radius at the tip. So it's omnidirectional.
Real creasing wheels require tangential control. I've only seen them on Summa flatbeds, Kongsberg, Zund and the like.

cmoist

Its my understanding when using the rotating creasing tool like you linked, it will follow the direction of the cut/crease, just like a blade does. The center of the wheel should be offset from the center of the tool slightly to make that happen.