• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creating Profiles in Onyx 10.1

cwb143

you know Im still getting what i call grainy prints. Creating my own profiles in Onyx 10.1. I been all through the Build options and i was able to improve the black but I can't seem to get it to print smooth. It just keeps coming out grainy instead of a continues color. Has anyone been through this and figure it out?

~"Negative Ghost Rider the pattern is full"

MikePro

alignment issues?
print a crosshair with 100% CMYK and if its anything but a solid black line, you got your answer right there.

Last edited:
Graininess in solid colors can occur for many reasons, including:
bidirectional aligment off
large volume drops
ICC profile using black too much/ soon in lighter colors
head speed too high (loss of drop accuracy)
temperature settings too low/ high
media advance
and more potential reasons that I can't recall right now. Be sure that you have optimized all of the calibrations on the machine/ media before profiling.

cwb143

ok I'll check all that. THanks guys. @Bly Printer: Jeti3150x2 Ink: Sericol 300x600 and 400x800 dpi 32pl heads.

cwb143

It was the Left/right alignment. Thanks Mike. and everyone. This is perfect for what I needed. Good Job!! I'll have to check that alignment on my other profiles as well and I should see an improvement there to. Happy Friday!