• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

creating proper outlines in flexi

EternalAudio

ok BASICALLY.... what I have is a barcode image. Black stripes going down. Inside of the barcode I am trying to put text. But I want the text outlined so when I go to weed, the letters are still there, but only the outline sections and the parts of the barcode that shouldnt be there are taken out.... But for some reason I keep getting it backwards... the outline stays, and the middle portion of the text is removed.... What am I doing wrong?!

VinylCraft

Play with it you'll get it. I would type your text do a outline on the text then place the text with the outline over the bar, line it to where you want it them compound them together.

EternalAudio

Tried that.. but it still wants to cut the bar code, THEN cut the text, THEN cut the outline so I keep getting cuts through the text

EternalAudio

picture

Attachments

• testing.jpg
    testing.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 97
  • testing2.jpg
    testing2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 84
  • testing3.jpg
    testing3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 82

javila

Sounds like you need to do a "cut out" from the bar code.

I assume you need something like this?

edit: Just saw your picture.

1) seperate the white outline from the black text.

2) "Cutout" the white outline object from the barcode

3) send to cut.

Attachments

• barcode.gif
    barcode.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 84

jdb

don't understand what you need. But to avoid cuts through the text, group the outline and barcode only, not the text and hit weld.

Pro Image

Yep you need to separate the outline from the text and then weld the outline and the bars together...................

mtmdesigns

group your text. Group your barcode. Put the text where u want it. Then ungroup your barcode, then add your text hwere you want it and compound it(c+m}.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
This is pretty basic stuff.

Make the bars one object or, failing that, a group.

Select the text and then select the bars.

Invoke the 'trim' or 'cutout' or whatever they're calling it function.

There you are...