• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creation pcut plotter problem. Cutting dashed lines only in one direction NEED HELP

agfracing

Ok I didn't know what section to post this in but here it goes.
I bought a creation pcut plotter from uscutter a few months back. I just wanted to do small random jobs for my buddies. The cutter since it was new would "skip" when cutting from left to right. Business is getting bigger from word of
Mouth but I'm Not making enough to justify a new cutter. It's really annoying and makes weeding very tough.
I know
My blade pressure is right because of I Up it, the vinyl bunches up. The plotter makes a funny noise when it starts skipping. I can cut the same file several times and it will make dashed lines in different spots everytime. I've cleaned my blade holder and replaced my blade. I don't know what to try next.

Rob_maxgrafix

I had one of these when I first started, the only time that would happen is when the outline of what I was cutting wasn't set to a solid line. what program are you using to cut?

qmr55

Is the cutting strip beat up? Try replacing that...

Just curious, are you 100% sure it is the correct blade for the machine?

4R Graphics

I had a creation Pcut years ago when I first started out. I am not sure why you are getting the dashed lines. I do know that if you are using the usb connector that could be part of the problem also if you do long cuts you can get static built up which will make the cutter mess up jobs. For the static you need to just add a grounding wire to one of the screws on the bottom of the machine. Go to us cutters website they have a forum someone there may have a better answer. I know mine was only good for small stuff when I used the USB connector. Also dont know what software you are using but you need to set the software up so that the cutter pulls information instead of the computer pushing info or what will happen is you will go to cut a big job (or lots of little jobs) all at once and you will not have enough memory and the cutter will stop and say waiting but nothing will ever happen because the computer already sent everything but the cutter couldnt store it all.

agfracing

Hmm. The static is a good thing to check. If I turn the speed down it cuts good lines. It just sucks having it set so slow.

Dakotagrafx

add a bit of graphite in the blade holder so it rotates freely after you make sure there is no vinyl stuck in the holder. this is not an uncommon problem with the Chinese cheaper cutters. after you make some money with it get a graphtec or roland and be amazed!