• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Credit card for business

Letterbox Mike

Hey all. We're looking for a new credit card for the shop to make our purchases on. Right now we either pay by check or debit card (I know, I know, debit car is asking for trouble, TRUST ME I know). I'd like to find a card with no monthly spending limit, or at least one with a high one, and one with good rewards (cash back or rebates preferably, not too into miles, we never fly anywhere). Can anyone recommend a good card? I'm seriously considering an AmEx Plum card, it's got alot of god looking benefits and on paper looks perfect but in this day and age I'd like some feedback before we get one, you never know what you're getting with a credit card anymore...

Malkin

What sort of trouble could the debit card get you in?

We have been considering switching to an AmEx, but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.

Letterbox Mike

What sort of trouble could the debit card get you in?

If your identity is stolen, it's alot of work to get the money back. Credit cards just take it off the account, but you have to go through alot of paperwork and it takes alot of time to get the money put back into your account when it's a stolen debit card. Mine's been stolen 4 times in the last year, hence the need to change. The bank, the police, and the bank's detectives all say it's because we use it online and for so many over-the phone manually entered transactions, every time a transaction is made that the card is not swiped you run the risk of the number getting out in the open... I still think 4 times in a year is fishy and either my bank or one of our vendors that keeps the number on file is having a security issue, but there's no way to prove it and business must go on, so I'd rather have a card that doesn't cripple my business while I wait 2+ weeks for the refunded money and a replacement card...