• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

crop marks blow

WOODBS

i had a tough time today getting my sp-300v to find the 3rd crop mark. after 799 tries and talking with roland tech un-support, i ended up hand cutting the contour. i even called flexi tech, which was more helpful but still no cutty. the graphic was 2.5'x12'..i had just cut 2 identical runs , no worries. the 3rd one would never catch that 3rd crop mark, it would run right over it but not see it. the flexi guy said he had that happen before but no answer from anyone yet???
are we the only 2 using flexi that this has happened to? any tips on preventing it? thanks ...

Velocity

Do you close out your job before you cut? I have had horrable luck printing one night and coming back the next morning after lam and trying to cut. Its like Flexi just creates a new image exactly one half inch away from the original graphic to cut. Makes no sense.

EndlessOptions

I was having that problem, I would watch it go right over the mark, turned out it was the set up on my Mutoh. It was printing short after I did the adjustments so it prints the right width and length I haven't had a problem. Check your print to see it is the same size as your layout if it isn't Flexi will miss the marks because it it looking for them to be where they are supposed to be

CL Graphics

This probably doesnt help but with my mimaki I use larger marks for long runs like that. But I am also not using flexi for print cut jobs.

How is the file sent? Separate jobs? Defaults set to archive? If not
you default job properties for cutting may be set for a different panel size or offset.

WOODBS

yep, the print is same size as layout, like i said before...i had just printed and cut 2 identical prints , no problem? i do save file before cutting

asd

sometimes the printer has a hard time finding the marks if the media is too shiny. Solution, a simple piece of scotch tape over the mark will help you alot (make sure the scotch tape is not shiny)