• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crop Marks for Contour Cutting

Signs Express

Running Flexi 8.6v2...

We are coming from a Roland VersaCamm VP-540 print/cut device where registration/crop marks are handled in Versaworks(Roland's RIP) after export from Flexi. Basically a closed system...

Just added a Mimaki JV400LX and am using Rasterlink (Mimaki's RIP) with it. This is a printer only. Considering selling the VersaCamm and getting a stand-alone cutter (Summa or the like) so we still have print/cut capability.

Is is anyone aware of how to create crop marks in Flexi that can be added to the file prior to being sent to the RIP and then read by the Summa for contour cutting?

31legen

Mimaki finecut

You may wanna look into mimaki finecut. I'm not certain if it'll work on other brand cutters but it works hand in hand with rasterlink pretty well.

FrankW

There is an option available "3rd Party RIP Support for Contour Cutting" which will allow to set up a job with marks for several cutter models, to export the file for printing with 3rd Party RIP's, but doing contour cutting out of Flexi.

Flexi supports summa cutters. You need to install the printer and cutter in Production manager. Then when you set up your contour cut you need to give it the contour cut spot color. Then when you hit print it will have an extra tab at the top for the contour cut where you can set REGISTRATION MARKS not CROP MARKS. Crop marks are for manual cutting after you print. Registration marks are so the plotter knows where your image is located on the media. Find the Registration marks for Summa. When you send to print it will create two job files. One under your printer for printing the image. and one under your cutter for cutting the image. Flexi has videos on you tube to show you how to do this also.

Heres one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkoDiiXzaCA