• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cropmarks

Signguy100

Hey, I'm new to this site. Looks great and very helpful already. I have a relatively urgent request for help. I have a Roland SC 500 and can't seem to find cropmarks anymore. I have tried adjusting the media and pinchrolls without any success. I just installed a new Crop mark sensor board and still nothing. It scans and seems to be looking for them, but then just passes by them and errors out "can't find cropmark". Any suggestions?

stickygraphics12

I had this problem before...I had to put my SP540V in Service Mode, find the Cropmark setting in the menu(not positive it says cropmark setting, but you will recognize it right away). I moved the setting to +2 and has worked like a charm for about 3 months now!

Signguy100

Service mode

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to know the service mode sequence? I have it for initializing the limits but.....

Signguy100

Service Menu

Hey, I remembered the sequesnce, but when I went into the service mode and selected service menu-cropmark sensor, the choice was outlevel check, so I selected enter and I got an error beep saying sheet unloaded. My pinchwheels are down, so not sure what is up with that?
There didn't seem to be an option to increase or decrease the sensitivity

stickygraphics12

Outlevel doesnt sound like the right option...My printer might be setup differently in servie mode. I would run through service mode and look for anything having to do with the cropmarks.

Just make sure if you dont figure it out to take it out of service mode before you start printing. The heaters wont turn on!

chas459

what does the outlevel setting say once you press test print, it should read about 2.5 if its any less theres a voltage regualtor above the eye under the plastic cover, adjust it so it says 2.5 v when you have the crop mark under it laminated, and for the error that says sheet not loaded just pick the clamp up and back down and go back into the menu 989 525 3701 call me if you still have trouble

Signguy100

No change

I have tried all settings with the voltage adjustment screw, and still not reading...not sure what next....