• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cross Contamination

Kustom X

We have a Roland XR-640 and we have what looks like black cross contamination in the yellow. Its at the top, bottom and middle of the print because of how it stack the print when testing. I cleaned all the way around the print head thinking that would be the answer, but no. I am curious if it might be the top cap? I was also thinking that it might be the dampener, but just had all those replaced a couple months ago.

papabud

Lone Wolf
could be a few different issues.
issue with the manifold. and a slight air leak into the ink line. where it draws ink back and then other ink into the other
if your cap top is not draining you will have a pool of ink that will get into the head.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Cross contamination is almost always either a bad cap top that doesn't drain fast enough or a bad damper. Check your pump tubes to see if they are clogged and flush them if necessary. I would change the cap top and dampers especially if they are over a year old. Start fresh. If that doesn't fix the issue, unfortunately it usually means the head is damaged inside. I would say 99% of the time it's an ink flow issue. The 1% is a broken head.