• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CS2_Images moving when file reopened

ddubia

I've been having this problem lately when opening files I've created in CS2.

When reopened, any placed images, usually .jpg or .psd files, move out of their original placement as shown in the attached pics.

The first attachment is a recreation of a local Police Dept. uniform patch. The second attachment shows the flag images out of place.

Thinking about uninstalling and then reinstalling CS2 when I get time. Not so sure that will cure the issue. Hoping for an easier fix.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so any idea how to fix it?

I'm using a Dell T3400 Workstation running XP Pro with a Duo core E8500 3.16GHz CPU. It has 4GB of Ram but being XP it's only showing 3.25GB being used.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Patch.jpg
    Patch.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 94
  • marching-flags.jpg
    marching-flags.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 65

peavey123

Never heard of that happening. I did a quick google search and one instance popped up with no real solution.

Are the images embedded? If not, If you embed them then try re-opening the file do they still shift? The only thing I can think of is there were changes made to the flag image.

ddubia

I hadn't tried it before but I embedded the images and it then opened fine. I may have to do that going forward. Thanks for the idea.

But the issue doesn't stop at dancing images.

The attached pic is of the sketch I did for a Police Car we just finished and delivered this past Friday. As you can see all the graphics have moved up vertically. All of the graphics are vector art which I made. The only image in all of this is the pic of the car and a small flag on the police patch shown in earlier pics. Astoundingly the flag didn't move as high vertically as everything else but it did reduce in size by more than 50%. :banghead:

I'm just going to reinstall Illustrator.

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 106

MikeD

I've seen that several times, but have never had the time to try and figure out the cause. Can't wait to see what you find!
Good luck!!!