• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ct630 setup question for Flexi 7.1

xtremegraphics

Was wondering how everyone is setting up there cutters to cut out of Flexi, all i can get is the cutter to make a little jog on the vinyl and then it says its waiting. I tried for hours on the weekend and just can't get it to cut..

K

kevco

The first thing I would check is to make sure that the comunition speed for the program and the plotter are set the same. The most common setting is 9600 bps but some of the earlier pcut's shipped with it set at 19200 bps.

K

kevco

Here are my settings under set-up proprieties>communication
speed-9600 bps
data bits-8
stop bits-1
parity-none
handshaking-hardware
hardwires-DTR, DSR, RTS, CTS
I had heck getting a driver to work with it and to this day it still cuts everything mirrored. I thought it was because I use 6.5 and they really don't make a driver for it, but your problems are sounding eerily familiar. I'll try to remember how I got mine working but no promises I drunk a lot of beer since then LOL

xtremegraphics

Kevin those are the same settings I tried and all I get is the cutter cuts a small triangle, then it says waiting as if it isn't getting the info, or if I try a different set up the cutter does nothing and the Flexi production manager says the cutter is cutting... Wierd crap....... I like designing with flexi but if I export the file, the cheap cutting software i got with the cutter will not import the file.. No matter what format I try to use.. If you can remember now you got your cutter to work that would be great! Thanks Dennis

pmoney

Have you tried going into device manager on your computer to see what the flow control is set to?

pmoney

For WinXP: press and hold the "windows" key on your keyboard (just to the left of your spacebar, it will have a window icon on it) and then press the "Pause - Break" key (above your "home" and "end" keys). This will bring up your "System Properties." Select the "hardware" tab and then click on "device manager." Click the "+" next to "ports" and you should see the ports you have installed on your computer. One should be "com1". Right click on it and select "properties." Select the "port settings" tab. Make sure the settings match what you said above (baud rate, etc.) The flow control is the same as the "handshake" in flexi.

pmoney

You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the com port from the device manager. just right-click on "com1" and select "uninstall." after it has been removed select "action" then "scan for hardware changes."

can you cut from artcut?

K

kevco

Dennis I still haven't remembered what I did. I'm on my way to the store for a 6 pack maybe that will jog my memory LOL There is a little forum at SSk's website, I remember getting some good info there when I was having my problems.

K

kevco

Hay dennis, under setup in the production manger click test cut and see if it will cut that